© 2020 qsportsmedicine
Sports Physician - Co-Medical Director Qsportsmedicine
Mark qualified in London in 1984. He spent 7 years in rural general practice in Alice Springs, before undertaking his specialist fellowship training for the Australasian College of Sports Physicians and Exercise Medicine (ACSEP) at the A.I.S in Canberra.
Mark is interested in the rehabilitation of the shoulder, hip and back injuries and has a special interest in tendon pathology and musculoskeletal cellular biotherapies.
- Chief Medical Officer - The Australian Diving Team
- Team Physician - Queensland Bulls and Fire State Cricket Teams, and the Queensland Heat.
- Medical Director - National Cricket Centre, Brisbane.
- Medical Director - ICC Women's World Cup Cricket (2020)
- Committee Member - ASDMAC (Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority), Commonwealth Govt., Canberra
- Registrar Clinical Training Supervisor- ACSEP
- Specialist Sports Physician - Cricket Australia Cardiac Panel.
- Honorary Research Fellow - Translational Research Institute (QUT) and Brisbane & Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital, Brisbane.
Past appointments have included:
- Australian Men's Team Doctor - Australia v Pakistan (2018), Dubai.
- Australian Men's Team Doctor - T20 Triangular Series - Australia, NZ and England (2018).
- Australian Men's Team Doctor - Australian ODI World Cup Cricket Team (2016), India.
- Medical Director (QLD) to the Cricket World Cup (2015)
- Team Doctor - Triathlon Australia, Rio Olympic Games (2016)
- Chief Medical Officer - Australian Triathlon Team (2008-2016) and the Australian Softball Team (2000-2016).
- Senior Honorary Research Fellow - Musculoskeletal stem cell therapies, the Mater Medical Research Institute, Brisbane.
- Team Doctor - Brisbane Roar Football Club, Queensland Reds Rugby Union team, and Queensland Firebirds Netball Team.