© 2020 qsportsmedicine
Dr Chris Thomas has recently returned to Qsportsmedicine. He graduated from the University of Queensland in 2006, before spending time in orthopaedic, trauma and neurosurgical units at the Princess Alexandra Hospital. Prior to starting specialty training in sport and exercise medicine through the Australasian College of Sports and Exercise Physicians (ACSEP), he spent time gaining experience in exercise medicine and sports related trauma.
- 2019 Junior Wallabies Team Doctor, Rugby Australia
- 2016 - 2017 Team Doctor, Queensland Reds
- 2012 - present : Wallabies Match Day Doctor
- 2017 : Co Tournament Director Duco 10s
- 2014 - 2016: Assistant Team Doctor, Queensland Bulls and Brisbane Heat
- 2015: Tournament Doctor, Asian Soccer Cup
- 2015: Tour Doctor, Australia A Cricket team
- 2014 - 2015: Match Day Doctor, Queensland Reds
- 2013 - 2015: Australian Schoolboys Rugby Union
- 2013 - 2014: Team Doctor, Queensland Firebirds
- 2011 - 2014: Tournament Medical Director, Sevens World Series Gold Coast
- Norths Devils Rugby League
- Queensland Firebirds
- Broncos u20
- Greater Western Sydney AFL – interstate coverage
- GPS Rugby Club Doctor
Having been a former State and National level swimmer, he has a keen interest in water sports related injuries. He also specializes in the management of acute and chronic musculoskeletal injuries, shoulder, knee, foot and ankle pain, as well as tendonopathies and basic fractures.
Dr Thomas is actively involved in research and has published in peer reviewed literature at an International level. He has presented talks at a local and state level with respect to tibial plateau fractures, meniscal repair techniques, Lis Franc and syndesmosis injuries.